BST Global partnered with Infrastructure Intelligence to discuss how artificial intelligence and big data will transform the Architecture, Engineering and Consultancy industry during a webinar on November 19.
This session examined the unique opportunity firms have to leverage these technologies and further foster the data-driven consultancy of the future, which is built on project intelligence™ and powered by predictive analytics.
Hank Tran, BST Global Director of Knowledge Management, discussed how to get this innovation journey started at European firms. Andy Walker, Editor at Infrastructure Intelligence, served as the event’s moderator.
Some key highlights from presentation include:
- “The data should be firm-specific but you can combine it with other data — like geographical information — to enrich your existing data and give you broader insights.”
- “Think of this like Waze for projects. Signals are coming in from every transaction, and the models learn, inform and predict so you can course correct.”
- “Data can come from any number of systems. For instance, you can model the makeup of teams; many are data-driven and you can see patterns. So, start by getting the data in order and then you can utilize to predict.”
- “Project intelligence™ can work for big and small firms, and is now available at a fraction of the cost.”
- “To get started, we recommend you pick a key metric, or your top three metrics, and identify the associated data set. Start small and go from there.”
- “For AI and machine learning to be beneficial, it has to be outcome-driven from day 1.”
Infrastructure Intelligence also recapped this dynamic session. Read the publication’s summary here.