ERP Software Development Engineer Senior – Customization & Integration
Job Title: ERP Software Development Engineer Senior – Customization & Integration
Department: Technical Services
Location: Tampa and/or Remote
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
The ERP Software Development Engineer is responsible for estimating, designing, developing, mentoring/leading, and architecting custom software development solutions for BST clients. Custom solutions can consist but are not limited to integrations with other systems or enhancing the core BST product(s). Additionally, the position will be responsible for conducting technical client training.
- Work with stakeholders to clearly understand the business and technical objectives of new solutions
- Analyze labor, and time requirements for a custom solution to determine an estimate for the work
- Analyze user requirements and convert requirements to design documents with clarity and precision
- Develop, test, and implement new software programs
- Ensure solutions meet performance standards, are scalable, documented, and easily supported
- Keeping Manager and Project Manager informed of all relevant issues and concerns
- Work closely with Project Manager and others to identify clear project deliverables, decomposition of work, and establishment of timelines
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of composure
- Facilitate root cause analysis of system issues
- Development of technical specifications
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment
- Conduct training classes on BST’s development tools
- Fostering a positive and team-oriented working environment
- Performs other related duties as directed
Skills & Competencies
Need advance abilities for the below:
- General Programming Skills
- Software Design
- Software Debugging
- Software Documentation
- Software Testing
- Problem Solving
- Software Development Fundamentals
- Software Development Process
- Software Requirements
- Presentation skills with the ability to develop professional and compelling collateral
- Organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Knowledge and experience with software development methodologies including waterfall and agile.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Experience using a variety of software development technologies including, but not limited to C#, .net, T-SQL, SSRS
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience using JIRA or Azure Dev Ops
- Experience using Team Foundation Server (TFS) or other source code repository
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products
Education or Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or University in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of working experience in engineering applications.
- 4+ years of working experience in estimating solutions.
- 4+ years of working directly with clients.
- 4+ years of working experience with Enterprise Systems, Accounting or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
Manager, Technical Services
Travel possible, but not extensive.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Position may require remote work across different time zones.