Full Stack Engineer
Team: Software Engineering
Location: Americas & World Headquarters/ Remote
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the implementation and delivery of microservices and web-based user interfaces that are designed for mobile, tablet and desktop browsers. This is an opportunity to join an exciting project in the early phases of developing a cloud-native, responsive web app. Our primary stack includes Angular, .NET Core with AWS Lambda and AWS Aurora Postgres. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast pace, Agile environment and possesses exceptional client service skills.
- Design and author code that is compliant with industry standards and best practices
- Participate in sprint planning, story point estimating, daily stand up’s and sprint retrospectives
- Lead the development and prototyping of microservices and user interfaces
- Work closely with our Architects, UI/UX designers and other team members to collaborate on software designs that meet technical and business requirements
- As implementations are being considered, present multiple options that balance user experience, performance, security, scalability, and maintainability
- Ensure unit tests meet or exceed standard coverage requirements
- 3+ years using HTML and CSS with knowledge of advanced styling concepts
- 3+ years building microservices applications on the AWS platform
- 3+ years implementing responsive applications with Angular 5+
- 7+ years building applications on the .NET Framework/Core
- Advanced knowledge of .NET internals
- Advanced knowledge of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem including the ability to leverage tools and techniques to optimize application performance
- Advanced understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Experience implementing Responsive Web Designs that are consumer grade, cross-browser, and cross device compatible
- Good understanding of Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Knowledge of DevOps, test automation and CI/CD best practices
- Passion for learning new languages/technologies and staying on top of the technology wave
- Proficiency with Git
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Strong professional skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
Education, Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 or more years of work-related experience
- 5+ years of practical technical expertise designing and developing enterprise-scale software products and solutions
Specialized License, Certifications
- None Required
Manager, Software Engineering
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
BST Global is the leading provider of enterprise business management software and service solutions for architecture, engineering, and environmental Professional Service Organizations globally. Today, over 100,000 end users across six continents and 50 countries rely on BST Global’s software solutions to manage their projects, resources, finances and client relationships.
Founded in 1971, the privately held BST Global is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA and is a global organization with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. With over forty years of experience, BST Global is the industry leader and is strategically positioned for growth. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k.