ICS Systems Administrator
Job Title: Senior Azure Data Architect
Department: Infrastructure and Cloud Services (ICS)
Location: Tampa, FL, Headquarters
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
The ICS Systems Administrator is responsible for assisting in the deployment and maintenance of BST’s application infrastructure systems, internally, on client premise and in the AWS and Azure cloud. This includes, virtual machines, data storage, data security, application services, databases, messaging, and other infrastructure systems administrator tooling. The position will work with ICS Systems Engineers as well as Information Services, Product Teams and Support to deploy and maintain multiple BST applications. Interaction with BST clients is also required.
- Under immediate supervision, assist in the deployment, testing and configuration of both on-premises and cloud-based BST applications, storage, and server operating system environments.
- Provides first and second level support for end user issues related to on-premises and cloud-based systems environments where BST applications have been deployed.
- Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing configurations and deployments and/or perform unit testing
- Ensure CRM (external client support) and JIRA (internal tasks) are fully documented and resolved or escalated to Development or Product Management.
- Proactively follow through on customer issues to ensure customers’ concerns are addressed accurately and promptly.
- Assignment, management and deletion of user accounts, groups and systems in on-premises Windows Active Directory, Azure AD environments or application specific user management.
- Under immediate supervision, ensure BST Cloud systems are available and perform satisfactorily.
- Deploy, configure, and manage applications such as IIS, SQL Server, IT monitoring utilities, and other system administration tools.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills & Competencies
- General IT Systems Management in Cloud and on-premises systems
- Windows 2012/2016/2019 configuration and maintenance
- Microsoft SQL 2014/2017/2019 configuration and maintenance
- PowerShell and scripting utilities such as PowerShell
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- General Technical documentation skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
Education or Prior Work Experience
- AS Degree (BS preferred) or equivalent industry experience in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related field preferred.
- 2 years minimum operational hands-on experience with IT system administration deployment and maintenance technologies.
Director, Infrastructure and Cloud Services
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.