Lead QA Automation Engineer
Job Title: Lead QA Automation Engineer
Team: FAM (Finance) Team
Location: Tampa Headquarters
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
BST Global is seeking a highly driven and effective professional to join the quality assurance team. As a Lead QA Automation Engineer, you will leverage your expertise, experience and passion to ensure we uphold the highest levels of quality and excellence for our clients.
- Technical – deep experience in integrating a strong software development background with a passion for the discipline of quality assurance.
- Create, evolve and mature testing frameworks for desktop, web and native mobile apps using Java, Java Script or C#.
- Spend 60% Leading manual testing of projects and 40% spent on automating Finance related FAM projects.
- Create, maintain and evolve test regression suites for Finance related applications.
- Create a high level of understanding of the software functionally as it pertains to the Finance application area.
- Stay updated with the latest software testing trends and tools.
- Demonstrate a deep passion for your craftsmanship and pride of ownership by delivering high quality and excellence to our clients.
- Methodology –deep expertise and knowledge in quality assurance standards, processes, policies and procedures
- Partner with product and discipline leadership to plan and establish goals, objectives, and strategies to improve software engineering delivery excellence as it applies to the Finance team.
- Demonstrate and evangelize a passion for process and methodology through daily actions
- Adhere to and support all established and documented methodology/best practices in alignment with the Release methodologies and processes
- Adhere to and support group processes, procedures, and standards in order to drive and guide a repeatable, reliable delivery of high-quality software products and services
- Participate in selecting and configuring appropriate toolsets to support the quality assurance discipline
- Wok with product and discipline leadership to develop and evolve operational metrics and reporting frameworks to drive operational execution, transparency and efficiency
- Team Support/Leadership – deep commitment to working in and fostering a highly collaborative, innovative and high performing product team
- Lead all aspects of test planning and execution through all phases of the product development lifecycle, including testing strategies, stakeholder communication, and team mentoring
- Assess solution risk and assist the project team in prioritizing testing efforts
- Advise, assist and mentor QA team members with distributed testing responsibilities
- Evangelize, support and embody BST’s Company Mission, Strategy and Values
- Foster a culture of ownership and pride for delivering the highest levels of quality and excellence
Essential Abilities and Skills
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence others and motivate with a positive and confident personal style
- Possess a drive towards forward progress and delivering results while taking responsibility
- Multi-tasker with ability to set and manage priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Proactively and transparently communicate challenges/successes to leadership
- Exhibit and relentlessly demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to help in other areas as priorities shift
- Ability to effectively operate with minimal supervision, but keeping leadership in the loop
- 7+ years of experience using any of the following IDE or BBD tools (SpecFlow, Cucumber, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, etc.)
- 5+ years UI Test automation experience (e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Watir)
- 5+ years of desktop automation experience (Ranorex, Test Complete, etc.)
- 5+ years of hands-on working experience of testing REST, Web APIs or SOAP APIs (ASP.Net, MSTest, NUnit, Postman, and SoapUI)
- Expertise in SQL programming (queries, joins, etc.)
- Experience in all phases of the software and testing lifecycle, inception through deployment
- Diverse experiences in leading test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution
- Delivery leadership within Agile methodology projects (e.g., Scrum)
- Proficiency using standard test management tools (Azure DevOps)
- Experience using GIT, TFS or any other source code management tools
- Experience with SauceLabs or similar device testing farms.
- Experience with Virtual Server, Virtual Clients, and System Configuration.
- Proven success in applying experiential judgment to complex scenarios and risk profiles
- Experience leading other QA team members in a fast paced, collaborative environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
Education or Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or MIS, and at least 7+ years of work-related experience:
- 7+ years of experience in software testing.
- 7+ years of automation scripting.
- Experience in Finance / Accounting would be a plus
- QA Director
- Minimal to no travel required, but travel as needed
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
BST Global is the leading provider of enterprise business management software and service solutions for architecture, engineering, and environmental Professional Service Organizations globally. Today, over 100,000 end users across six continents and 50 countries rely on BST Global’s software solutions to manage their projects, resources, finances and client relationships.
Founded in 1971, the privately held BST Global is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA and is a global organization with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. With over forty years of experience, BST Global is the industry leader and is strategically positioned for growth. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k.
BST Global Applicant and Worker Privacy Notice