Senior DevOps Engineer
Team: Software Engineering
Location: Americas & World Headquarters
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
DevOps Engineers provide solutions and support to the entire delivery pipeline to facilitate improved collaboration (communication, documentation, standardized issue tracking), version control, standardization of environments, continuous integration, continuous deployment, continuous delivery with an emphasis on using automation to improve quality checks and deployment efficiencies, to support faster and more reliable delivery and development cycles.
DevOps Engineers are responsible for the design and implementation of build, release, collaboration, deployment, and configuration activities, as well as, version control, infrastructure management, packaging and distribution, initial setup and configuration, upgrade maintenance, and compatibility, build and deployment automation and support for BST software products, tools, and services. Other responsibilities include maintenance and support of BST’s DevOps toolchain, managing operations, and triaging and fixing operational issues.
Sr. DevOps Engineer is also expected to define, enforce, and mentor staff on DevOps implementation standards and best practices, and proactively drive depth, coverage and quality of technical reviews.
In addition, Sr. DevOps Engineer is responsible for assisting with the work management of assignments for DevOps peers, working closely with leads, project managers, and resource managers.
Must be a driven, passionate individual who works well with a team. Expected to have hands on technical experience in infrastructure setup, configuration management, and source code version control.
- Design and implement solutions to automate the CI/CD pipelines for BST applications.
- Build systems that dynamically scale
- Version Control and Merging
- Infrastructure configuration, management, and monitoring
- Plan Deployments for high availability
- Administer internal tools, i.e Azure DevOps, JIRA, TeamCity, TFS
- Develop accurate time/effort estimates for self and team
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving system and deployment issues
- Collaborate with multiple feature development teams to identify infrastructure needs and requirements for building deploying their applications into shared environments.
- Work closely with development teams as SME to ensure deployable solutions that support best practices
- Work closely with team members to understand and anticipate team needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Evaluate and recommend new tools, software, or practices that contribute to overall improvement
- Perform maintenance and upgrade to internal and third party tools
- Performs other related duties as directed
- Strong expertise in AWS, Azure and virtualization technologies
- Strong expertise building CI/CD pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Azure Repos, Pipelines and Artifacts
- Strong expertise with JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity, Azure Boards
- Strong expertise in Configuration Management
- Strong expertise in installing, configuring, and administering Version Control (TFS, Git)
- Strong expertise in Infrastructure provisioning on-Prem and in Cloud
- Strong experience in Infrastructure as Code leveraging tools like Terraform, Packer
- Strong Relational Database Experience
- Fluency with test runners, scripting, TFS, Xamarin Test Cloud
- Strong Coding/Scripting experience (i.e Python, PowerShell, Bash, C#, Groovy)
- Expected fluency in WiX and SetupBuilder to support package setup
- Define, enforce, and mentor software configuration management implementation standards and best practices, including driving the depth, coverage and quality technical reviews
- Mentor DevOps team members on troubleshooting and triaging of issues to efficiently drive root cause identification and resolution
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
- Experience implementing Application Security Testing tools preferred
Education, Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 or more years of work-related experience
- 5+ years of deep, practical expertise installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise-scale software products and solutions
- AWS, Azure Certifications preferred
Up to 0%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
BST Global is the leading provider of enterprise business management software and service solutions for architecture, engineering, and environmental Professional Service Organizations globally. Today, over 100,000 end users across six continents and 50 countries rely on BST Global’s software solutions to manage their projects, resources, finances and client relationships.
Founded in 1971, the privately held BST Global is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA and is a global organization with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. With over forty years of experience, BST Global is the industry leader and is strategically positioned for growth. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k.