Senior Software Engineer
Team: Senior Software Engineer
Department: Software Engineering
Location: Tampa, FL/ Remote
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for the implementation and delivery of services and web-based user interfaces that are designed for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers. This is an opportunity to join an exciting project in the early phases of developing a cutting-edge responsive web application with our Project Pursuit & Delivery team. Our primary technologies include ASP.Net, .NET Core, Microsoft Blazor, and CSS. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast pace, Agile environment and possesses exceptional client service skills.
• Design and author code that is compliant with industry standards and best practices
• Participate in sprint planning, story point estimating, daily standups, and sprint retrospectives
• Lead the development and prototyping of data-driven services and user interfaces
• Work closely with our Architects, UI/UX designers, and other team members to collaborate on software designs that meet technical and business requirements
• As implementations are being considered, present multiple options that balance user experience, performance, security, scalability, and maintainability
• Ensure unit tests meet or exceed standard coverage requirements
• Participate in Agile ceremonies including daily standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and product demonstrations
• Produce efficient and elegant code that meets business requirements
• Test UI code to ensure proper rendering across devices/browsers
• Proactively communicate progress, issues, and risks to project stakeholders
• Accurately estimate assignments
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Contribute to the growth and maturity of the Software Engineering group
• Performs other related duties as directed
• Advanced knowledge of .NET internals
• Experience implementing Responsive Web Designs that are consumer grade, cross-browser, and cross device compatible
• Experience with CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Good understanding of Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Knowledge of DevOps, test automation, and CI/CD best practices
• Proficiency and desire to work with Microsoft Blazor technologies
• Passion for learning new languages/technologies and staying on top of the technology wave
• Proficiency with Git
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
• Strong professional skills including the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Experience with Python and Airflow is a plus.
Education, Prior Work Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in CS
• 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
Manager, Software Engineering
Up to 0%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
BST Global is the leading provider of enterprise business management software and service solutions for architecture, engineering, and environmental Professional Service Organizations globally. Today, over 100,000 end users across six continents and 50 countries rely on BST Global’s software solutions to manage their projects, resources, finances and client relationships.
Founded in 1971, the privately held BST Global is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA and is a global organization with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. With over forty years of experience, BST Global is the industry leader and is strategically positioned for growth. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k.