Sr. DevOps Data Engineer
Job Title: Se. DevOps Data Engineer
Department: Release Management
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
BST Global is seeking a driven, passionate Sr DevOps Engineer experienced with developing DevOps/MLOps solutions for Azure Services. This individual has a site reliability engineer mindset, has technical depth and hands-on experience of DevOps practices, and works well with a team. The Sr DevOps Engineer provide solutions and support to the entire delivery pipeline to facilitate improved collaboration, version control, standardization of environments, continuous integration, continuous deployment, continuous delivery with an emphasis on using automation to improve quality checks and deployment efficiencies. Expected to have hands on technical experience in infrastructure setup, configuration management, and source code version control.
- Design and implement solutions to automate the CI/CD pipelines for BST Big Data applications.
- Build and maintain data pipelines for analytics and model training
- Build systems that dynamically scale
- Version Control, branching and merging
- Infrastructure provisioning, configuration, management, and monitoring
- Plan Deployments for high availability
- Develop and document processes that support development and production maintenance
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve system and deployment issues
- Collaborate with multiple feature development teams in an Agile environment to identify infrastructure needs and requirements for building, deploying their applications into shared environments
- Work closely with development teams as SME to ensure deployable solutions that support best practices
- Define, enforce, and mentor software configuration management implementation standards and best practices, including driving the depth, coverage and quality technical reviews
- Able to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Evaluate and recommend new tools, software, or practices that contribute to overall improvement
- Perform other related duties as directed
Skills & Competencies
- Experience designing, implementing and supporting deployments of large-scale data intensive applications and data lakes
- Strong expertise building CI/CD pipelines leveraging tools like Azure DevOps Pipeline, TeamCity, Jenkins, etc.
- Hands-on experience and solid understanding of products such as Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Key Vault
- Experience with Azure Data suite (i.e Data Factory, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse) and Azure Machine Learning Services
- Experience with Azure DevOps Repos, Pipelines, Boards and Artifacts or comparable tools
- Strong experience in Infrastructure as Code
- Strong knowledge of configuration management tools
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in resolving application deployment and cloud infrastructure issues in a distributed big data architecture
- Hands-on experience in building and deploying big data infrastructure in Azure
- Strong experience building machine learning pipelines
- Strong Coding/Scripting experience (i.e Python, PowerShell, Bash, C#, Groovy)
- Experience in an Agile environment and DevOps practices
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a high aptitude to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task
Nice to Have
- Experience in AWS Cloud and virtualization technologies
- Experience implementing Application Security Testing tools
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems Administration
- Fluency with test runners, scripting, TFS, Xamarin Test Cloud
- Fluency in WiX and SetupBuilder to support package setup
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, TeamCity
Education or Prior Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 6 or more years of work-related experience
- 5+ years of deep, practical expertise installing, configuring, and maintaining enterprise-scale software products and solutions
- Azure Certifications or equivalent cloud computing certification
- Release Director
- Up to 0%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
BST Global is the leading provider of enterprise business management software and service solutions for architecture, engineering, and environmental Professional Service Organizations globally. Today, over 100,000 end users across six continents and 50 countries rely on BST Global’s software solutions to manage their projects, resources, finances and client relationships.
Founded in 1971, the privately held BST Global is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA and is a global organization with a presence in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. With over forty years of experience, BST Global is the industry leader and is strategically positioned for growth. Our employees enjoy a generous benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and 401k.
BST Global Applicant and Worker Privacy Notice