Job Title: UX/UI Designer 2
Location: BST Global
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking an experienced designer to join our team to craft engaging designs and solve complex user experience problems through a seamless application experience. As a BST design team member, you will need a deep knowledge of product delivery, including interacting with product owners, stakeholders, and developers alike, and leading efforts to create and build upon solutions.
- Architect, maintain and evolve a complex design system and leverage as part of UX design process
- Design and maintain a library of responsive web UI solutions by implementing and building upon an established design system.
- Iterate on design explorations, collaborate with technologists to ensure feasibility, and seek input as well as approval from the Product Owner.
- Work within an established design operations framework that incorporates design handoff into the agile/scrum process.
- Work with the development teams and product leads to refine and add design assets and implementation details to user stories.
- Create interactive mockups and lightweight prototypes to communicate and validate design ideas to the client/focus groups.
- Review developed UI and ensure proper implementation of the designs.
- Create a UX design portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, process, and innovation through clean, consistent user interface designs.
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced knowledge of core architectural and engineering processes and well versed in market landscape of leading consumer grade product offering.
- Design and conduct user research leveraging methods such as: ethnographic field studies, participatory design sessions, site visits, focus groups, benchmark studies, usability studies, heuristic evaluations, and similar approaches.
- Embrace a people-focused design mentality to insure products with meaningful impact.
- Deliver complex, compelling designs to planned project deadlines.
- Experience in using industry standard tools with proficiency in:
- Design components and pattern libraries – i.e.Sketch, Figma
- Team collaboration – i.e. Invision, Zeplin
- Image/motion editing and interactive prototyping tools – i.e. Photoshop, Adobe After Effects and Proto.io
- Create motion designs to enhance and complement the crafted user experience (Basic-level proficiency)
- Create Digital/physical prototypes for communicating designs.
- Digital illustration skills and consumer-facing application design experience a plus.
- Identify potential usability issues and design opportunities.
- Provide mentorship/coaching to junior team members as needed on UX and Visual design area.
- Awareness of all commonly used design patterns for ERP designs a plus.
Education or Prior Work Experience
- Provide current online portfolio link
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Interaction, Product or Industrial design with 4+ years of experience in interactive design, information architecture and visual design, with a focus on responsive web
Manager UX/UI Designer
Up to 10%
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.