Hosted by Rusk O’Brien Gido + Partners, the 2021 Growth & Ownership Strategies Conference took place in Naples, FL, November 3–5. Gathering leaders of successful engineering, environmental consulting and architecture firms throughout the country, this conference showcases the most effective strategies for achieving growth, improving profitability, and building real and sustainable value.
Representing BST Global were Chief Executive Officer Javier A. Baldor, who participated in Friday’s Strategic Growth Panel Discussion, and Director of Knowledge Management Hank Tran, who led a breakout session titled “How AI + Big Data Will Transform the AEC Industry.” BST Global also hosted a booth at the event where attendees could learn more about our company and our vision for project intelligence™.
During the Strategic Growth Panel, Javier joined:
- Elevate Marketing Advisors Principal Jennifer Newman
- Hull & Associates CEO Gerry Salontai
- Halff Inc. CSO Russell Zapalac
- Clairest Managing Partner Michael Castellani
The group discussed key topics such as the impact of COVID-19 on businesses, talent and hiring strategies, acquisitions and more. Javier’s contributions largely focused on adaptability. He stressed the importance of helping employees and clients alike adapt to workplace changes throughout the pandemic, and noted that doing so allowed BST Global to remain at the top of its game despite challenges and uncertainty. He also discussed adaptability as it relates to software and digital trends, emphasizing the need to embrace evolving data technologies and pivot from accounting-based operations to a project-centric system within the AEC industry.
Hank’s presentation examined the unique opportunity AEC firms have to leverage these technologies and foster the data-driven consultancy of the future, which is built on project intelligence™ and powered by predictive analytics. Attendees also learned a few tips on how to get this innovation journey started at their own firm. You can download the presentation here.
Some key highlights from presentation included:
- “Think of this like Waze for projects. Signals are coming in from every transaction, and the models learn, inform and predict so you can course correct.”
- “Data can come from any number of systems. For instance, you can model the makeup of teams; many are data-driven and you can see patterns. So, start by getting the data in order and then you can utilize to predict.”
- “Project intelligence™ can work for big and small firms, and is now available at a fraction of the cost.”
- “To get started, we recommend you pick a key metric, or your top three metrics, and identify the associated data set. Start small and go from there.”
BST Global appreciates the opportunity to participate in events like ROG’s 2021 Growth & Ownership Conference and looks forward to future engagements. Check out our Events page to find out where else we’ll be — we’d love to see you at some of our sessions!