Artificial intelligence, machine learning and big data are the emerging technologies that are reshaping just about every industry today. BST Global is uniquely familiar with these advancements and presented the webinar “How AI + Big Data Will Transform the AEC Industry” to share our knowledge and help AEC firms around the world.
Director of Knowledge Management Hank Tran discussed the unique opportunity AEC firms have to leverage these technologies and foster the data-driven consultancy of the future, which is built on project intelligence™ and powered by predictive analytics. He also shared real-world instructions on how to get this innovation journey started at your own firm. Head of Global Sales Brian Furr served as the event’s moderator.
Some key highlights from the presentation included:
- “You must treat data as an asset. You need quality data in the right format to use it.”
- “Think of this like Waze for projects. Signals are coming in from every transaction, and the models learn, inform and predict so you can course correct.”
- “Data can come from any number of systems. For instance, you can model the makeup of teams; many are data–driven and you can see patterns. So, start by getting the data in order and then you can utilize to predict.”
- “Project intelligence™ can work for big and small firms, and is now available at a fraction of the cost.”
- “To get started, we recommend you pick a key metric, or your top three metrics, and identify the associated data set. Start small and go from there.”
- “Intelligent machine learning analyzes historical data sets to predict future project outcomes.”
- “The goal NLM can be set on a project–by–project basis.”
- “The model can still predict even if you are not using a resource management tool.”
BST Global appreciates the opportunity to share our industry knowledge for the greater good. Check out our Events page to find out where else we’ll be — we’d love to see you at some of our sessions!