The Buchan Group traces its history back to 1890, with the opening of the first practice in Geelong, Victoria. The Melbourne office subsequently opened in 1945. The Perth practice was established in 1896 and the Brisbane practice was launched in 1983.
The Buchan Group was formed in 1990 and today is an award-winning global architectural practice, with a staff of 350 professionals servicing clients across ten offices in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United Kingdom.
By 2010, The Buchan Group had grown to become an internationally acclaimed architectural practice. However, it still faced a number of challenges, including:
- The legacy business systems in place were outdated, labour-intensive, and no longer supported the needs of the business.
- The Buchan Group was growing rapidly with greater global reach and required an information system platform to support this strategy.
- The Buchan Group needed a single, integrated solution to better manage an international consultancy.
- The Buchan Group sought to empower its Project and Business Managers with real-time data based on a single point of truth to make better decisions.
In 2010, The Buchan Group selected BST Global as its business software solution partner and deployed BST Enterprise across its global operation. The proposition that ultimately led to The Buchan Group considering BST Enterprise centered on the software solution’s ability to enable the realisation of multiple strategic benefits, including:
- A single, integrated business software application designed specifically for international architectural practices that met The Buchan Group’s stringent multi-company, inter-company, and multi-currency requirements.
- A business software solution that afforded enterprise-wide resource management capabilities to better forecast staff resource availability and utilisation.
- Streamline key business processes including: automate billing; online workflow enabled timesheet capture, approval, and posting processes; information delivery of online real-time information to all managers via an intuitive portal dashboard.
Today, BST Enterprise serves as the global business software platform for one of Australia’s renowned architectural practices. With the help of BST Enterprise, the organisation has made the following achievements.
- The Buchan Group has achieved a 13% increase in gross operating margin since implementing BST Enterprise in 2011.
- Comprehensive visibility of any project is now available.
- More timely and accurate timesheets.
- Sub-consultant invoices and project expenses are now linked to a project.
- Better understanding of Work-In-Progress.
Financial Reporting Achievements:
- The month-end close process is quicker and more streamlined.
- Invoices are produced and sent to clients more efficiently, which has resulted in improved cash flow.
- The Buchan Group can now create consolidated and statutory accounts in-house, saving 50% of prior external accounting fees.
Project Financials Achievements:
- The Buchan Group managers now have real-time project performance visibility.
- Project budget review meetings can now occur with Project Managers and Directors leveraging a single point of truth.
- eResource has improved project margins and provided resource planning visibility across the group.
- The billing and collection process is more streamlined for the Project Manager and has led to improved cash flow.
Architecture, master planning, graphic, and interior design services
Number of Employees:
BST Client Since:
More Case Studies